Friday 15 June 2012

Behind the Scenes with John Masters Organics


More and more celebrities are demanding organic and sustainable products. Sharisse Fine, the lead stylist for hit HBO show True Blood, has been regularly using John Masters Organics on her famous cast (including Anna Paquin, Stephen Moyer, Sam Trammell, Tara Thornton, Alexander Skarsgard, Carrie Preston, and Ryan Kwanten). Here's what she has to say about the line:




"I prefer to use all organic hair care products to style my clients' and actors' hair. I choose to use John Masters Organics hair care on True Blood because of the integrity of ingredients and for the end results which are achieved.

Some of my favourites are the Bourbon Vanilla & Tangerine Hair Texturizer, which I like to use on the shorter men's hairstyles to add shine and movement without a greasy look. I especially love the volume and texture that I can get when I apply Sweet Orange & Silk Protein Styling Gel to wet hair before blow waving. It really enhances the hold when blowing hair straight.

I use Sea Mist on the ladies, when the hair is damp, before diffusing, to achieve a natural wave. It's also helpful for a strong but not stiff hold when I use curling tools to create a more defined curl. Since I work with a lot of heat while styling, I like to spritz Lavender Hydrating Mist throughout the day, to keep my actors' hair hydrated without losing the set style. I also encourage my actors to use Lavender & Avocado Intensive Conditioner, in conjunction with the appropriate shampoo, as part of their daily hair care regime to keep a constant and even level of moisture and protein on the hair shaft."

No comments: