Friday 3 August 2012

MEET & GREET | Time to get to know our Natural Beauty Guest Expert Mariella Tandy

We're delighted to introduce our new Guest Expert, Mariella Tandy who will be writing for LoveLula on all things natural beauty-related. The writer of The Beauty Tonic, Mariella knows a thing or 2 (or 3, or 4) about natural beauty. 10 years as a journalist in the beauty and fashion industries writing for publications like Tatler, Mariella is a true advocate of natural beauty both on the inside and outside so we can't wait to see what fab pieces she's going to share with us. To start off though, we chatted to Mariella to get to know her a little better and here's what she had to say:

How long have you been blogging?

For about 9 months. 

What made you interested in natural beauty?

My Mother is a nutritionist and yoga teacher and so I had been brought up with this mind-set from day one, we used to practice sun salutations together when I was 6 and grow bean sprouts on the windowsill. I have always been interested in nutrition, ingredients and beauty and started TBT almost for my friends who would always ask for tips on supplements, exercise and beauty products. 

What or who inspires you?

I find beauty in everyday things in life, a conversation with a friend or a stranger, my friends, family and boyfriend. I love being in nature- city greenery counts! I also love meeting entrepreneurs who have decided to make a difference and set up something to help others or make the world a better place. I am fascinated by these people. Listening to stories of how and why people set up brands is an education in itself, I get lots of ideas from them usually! 

Things are all go here at LoveLula London HQ this summer, what is your favourite thing to do in the city?

I cycle everywhere so that is one favourite thing, I love walking my dogs in the parks, we are so lucky to have so much incredible green space in London. I love going to farmers markets at the weekend and cooking big meals and eating them alfresco. Picnics in the park and too many other things to list here!

Can you tell us your top 6 picks for summer from LoveLula?

Ila body scrub for energising and detoxing, I love ila products, they are honestly some of the best in the world. This scrub leaves skin soft and nourished and it also smells divine

Balm Balm Rose Organic Hand Balm, this little pot goes everywhere with me and I use it for hands, lips everything and anything that needs some tlc 

John Masters Honey Hibiscus Hair Reconstructor - this will tame detangle and moisturise even the most damaged hair, I don't know what is in it but it is a miracle.

Neom Organic Travel Candle. Pop one of these mini candles into your bag, Neom produce the finest candles, they last for ages and set the ambience in an instant.

Oskia Renaissance Mask really does give you new skin, it does everything a mask should and more!

Spiezia Body Softening Oil is a must for skin parched by the sun and sea.

Finally, considering the sun is finally out! Any top tips for keeping cool this summer?

A wonderful mist for the face is an essential especially when travelling. Also find a great sunscreen but remember that our bodies need vitamin d to function at their optimum level, so don't slather it on every day if you don't need it. 

No comments: